Voted best permanent residency programme available in Europe
By Jenny Ellinas
Cyprus’ permanent residency programme has recently been voted as the ‘Best residency programme’ available in Europe! Cyprus is a popular choice for investors because of the affordable entry-level investment required to secure residency. Having permanent residency status in another country is highly beneficial to investors and citizenship in a second country is a growing trend. The main reasons are safe haven investment destination, protection of capital, minimising taxes, lifestyle and travelling visa free to Schegen countries, UK, USA and Canada. The Cyprus permanent residency programme secures residency for three generations in the same family line is unmatched compared to other similar programme options available in other European countries.
By buying a property in Cyprus for a minimum of €300,000 you can secure residency for:
- The main applicant and spouse plus
- All dependent children up to the age of 25 plus
- Both parents & parents-in-law of the main applicant
It is the only residency programme in Europe where three generations in the same family all get permanent residency permits for life in six weeks!
Cyprus is a full member of the European Union and Commonwealth of nations. Having permanent residency is advantageous, as it gives each person the right to live in Cyprus at any time and no visa is ever required. When you invest in Cyprus you secure long-term Schengen travel visas for you are your family, giving you access to visit anyone of the 26 Schengen countries in Europe at anytime.
8 key benefits why South Africans should invest in Cyprus:
- Economically stable and politically secure (without being flooded with refugees).
- Properties offer excellent value for money when compared to other European countries (especially homes right on or near to The Med).
- Lush environment on Western side of the country is similar to the Western Cape (which also enjoys the most demand and highest growth).
- Lifestyle and climate is similar to South Africa: golf courses are world-class, countryside is breathtakingly beautiful, cleanest seas in the Med with 64 blue-flag status beaches, and a mountain-range where it snows for 3 months in the Winter.
- No inheritance tax which means on your death you can dispose of your assets to your loved ones without having to pay any tax. This is highly advantageous for legacy planning.
- No broad social issues such as widespread unemployment, poverty, and economic deprivation resulting in homeless street people, shanty towns and high crime rates. As a result Cyprus has huge investment appeal as a destination for relocation, retirement and holiday-making.
- Low cost of living – Cyprus is more than 40% cheaper to live when compared to South Africa.
- Cyprus’ second citizenship programme is the quickest programme in Europe and is fast growing trend for people.
Other reasons why Cyprus appeals to South African investors are:
- English language widely spoken – Being an ex-British colony means that there is no language barrier
- Living in Cyprus not a requirement to retain your residency status;
- Earn a Euro-based income by renting out your property;
- Education Euro-accredited – which gives your children, grand children a distinct advantage when entering the global job market;
- Proximity and access to other European countries on your doorstep – Cyprus has two International Airports and several marinas;
- Medical facilities & affordable healthcare are first world with highly qualified doctors & specialists.
DON’T MISS CYPRUS INVESTOR TRIP with REIMAG from 22 – 30 SEPTEMBER 2018
Join Real Estate Investor Magazine and Cypriot Realty on an investment trip to Cyprus from 22 September – 30 September to visit Cyprus firsthand. Cypriot Realty is offering 4 nights free accommodation in a 5-star hotel in Paphos, Cyprus. To make your booking click on the link or contact Jenny Ellinas directly on +27 83 448 8734 or email email@example.com