[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The holidays are here and Just Property warns you not to hold back when it comes to the security of your house when you are on holiday. Just Property manages multiple types of properties from flats, houses to estates. From their experience they know that all owners and tenants need to consider precautions from opportunistic thieves over the festive season.
If you live in a sectional title complex then security also becomes an important consideration. In a free standing house more security checks are needed. The more secure the property and area, the more attractive it is for buyers and tenants. Ensure that your property is adequately secured and also insured over this time, as it could be a target for thieves.
Just Property offers the following tips are suggested to keep your home safe while you are away before you go on holiday:
- Tell your neighbours that you plan to go on holiday and even ask them to keep an eye on your property
- Phone the Neighbourhood Watch, alarm company or similar group to communicate that you are going to be away
- Check your alarm system to ensure that it is working properly
- Ask somebody to collect your post as an overflowing mailbox is a dead giveaway that you are away
- Lock all windows and doors and ensure they have burglar bars
- Fit suitable locks and bolts to all sliding doors even sliding burglar bars
- Make sure that your home is on a timer switch and well lit at night
- Make use of motion sensors as it gives the sense that somebody is home
- Don’t leave tools lying around in your garden as this could be used to break into your house
Christmas season is a merry and busy time for everybody. Unfortunately, burglars use this time to try to cash in on the spoils of the season by breaking in to homes. It is for this reason that you should take proper steps to ensure that your home is secure from all possible threats and effectively reduce the chances of becoming a victim to a burglary.
About Just Property
Just Property is a property wealth creation company offering a full spectrum of professional services in residential and commercial sales, letting and property management, new developments and investor education across the country since 2000. With over 100 franchise offices in South Africa and Namibia, we draw on our extensive industry experience to assist you to purchase and manage property in South Africa.
Just Property was recently awarded The International Property Awards as the best Letting Agency and highly commended Real Estate Agency in South Africa for 2015/2016.
JUST PROPERTY Let’s open doors
Contact Carla Visagie +27 41 581 6471