Putting together a meaningful legacy that protects both you & your family’s future is something that many people want to explore.
There are a number of investment options available from the stock exchange or investment schemes, to more adventurous opportunities like flirting with Crypto currencies; and of course the tried and tested investment tool of tangible bricks and mortar. Each investment class has its own benefits, and depends on your appetite for risk and how quickly you want to maximize the final payout in terms of your financial plan.
To acquire an EU passport (i.e. become a citizen of the EU) is not a short and easy process; and as a South African passport holder, there are currently 3 ways to secure European citizenship and therefore get an EU passport:
- Marriage to a European citizen;
- through naturalisation (living in that country every year for a specified time);
- through investment (personal or business).
Property ownership in Cyprus gives you instant access to the EU
Cyprus’ ‘Citizenship by Investment’ programme is the quickest and most cost-effective way to get EU passports for the whole family. EU citizenship is granted within 6 months of making application. The programme is limited to 700 approvals in 2018 and 700 in 2019, then the programme will close! That means that now is the time to seriously consider this opportunity.
– investment of minimum €2Million + VAT in a single property or a portfolio of properties;
– the property/portfolio can be rented out to earn a Euro-based income;
– the property/portfolio must be kept for a minimum of 3 years after which it can be sold; as long as it is replaced with a property of min €500k.
Benefits of the programme
– dependent children up to age of 28 qualify (as long as they are full-time students);
– citizenship is passed down by descent to future generations;
– you have the same rights as any EU citizen:
you can travel, live, work and study anywhere in the European Economic Area – including the UK and Switzerland;
– visa waiver programme to USA is imminent (travel to the USA for tourism, business, or while in transit for up to 90 days without having to obtain a visa);
– visa-free travel to 169+ countries;
– business access to 500Million EU citizens;
– effective tool for family and tax planning;
– no need to ever live in / visit Cyprus to retain citizenship;
– you have an insurance against political instability;
– free movement of capital, services and goods in Europe – there is no exchange control;
– Cyprus allows multiple citizenship.
Some of the tax advantages are
– no inheritance tax;
– highly favourable corporate tax rate structure;
– one of the most attractive personal tax rate structures;
– double taxation treaty with 60 countries.
Cypriot Realty is a proudly South African company in operation for nearly 10 years with offices in Sandton, Cape Town and Cyprus; and we can assist you to realise your Plan B.
We are recognised and respected as Southern Africa’s authoritative offshore investment specialists, promoting Cyprus as an ideal destination for acquiring EU citizenship or permanent residency, property investment, immigration or retirement and starting an EU-based business – we globalise our client’s wealth and understand our investor’s needs.
Contact us for a confidential meeting to discuss how we can help you realise your and you family’s Plan B in Europe.